It’s time to reflect on the year that was and the one to come. We can only hope to be a bit better by the end of next December.
I made a list of things to work on. This one has seven items, because everybody knows that lists with an odd number of items are better than those with an even number.
- Stop making that noise when you open frustrating emails. Rather than exhaling hard, breath in deeply.
- Break the talk radio habit. Tuning in to Talk 1300 — even for just a few minutes — just makes you angry. There’s enough stupidity and intolerance out there. No need to seek it out.
- Leave more blog comments. A brief comment helps the bloggers know that someone cares about their writing.
- Learn to meditate.
- Say something positive. And not in a sarcastic way.
- Be a good neighbor. New house, new start.
- Consider your first impulse — and then don’t do that.
We’ll reconvene here next year to see how all this went.