Hoosick Falls was declared as having Rensselaer County’s best tasting water on Thursday. Who knew? I guess this means the village will see an invasion of “city people” driving up housing costs and opening pricey boutiques on Church Street. That’s what happens, you know. People from New York or Boston with a yen for the simple life cast an eye to the sticks. And everybody’s looking for a bargain. Not to mention the next Columbia County. Places like Hoosick Falls are one New York Times story away from ruin or renaissance, depending on your point of view. So stop in and have a glass of water on your way to Manchester. It may not taste so great in couple of years.
Rob Madeo writes this stuff.
rmadeo (at) gmail.com
search old posts
- Rob said Great question. Definitely Delaware Ave. and New S...
- dave said I agree We like Broadway in Saratoga What would yo...
- Skip Albright said A big thumbs up for this post I had similar thoug...
- Ray said I need one of your cats sir. Ty in advance
- Rob said Yeah, I know. Thanks for being interested, but it&...
what’s on my mind