It’s time to reflect on the year that was and the one to come. We can only hope to be a bit better by the end of next December.
I made a list of things to work on. This one has seven items, because everybody knows that lists with an odd number of items are better than those with an even number.
- Stop making that noise when you open frustrating emails. Rather than exhaling hard, breath in deeply.
- Break the talk radio habit. Tuning in to Talk 1300 — even for just a few minutes — just makes you angry. There’s enough stupidity and intolerance out there. No need to seek it out.
- Leave more blog comments. A brief comment helps the bloggers know that someone cares about their writing.
- Learn to meditate.
- Say something positive. And notÂ in a sarcastic way.
- Be a good neighbor. New house, new start.
- Consider your first impulse — and then don’t do that.
We’ll reconvene here next year to see how all this went.
4 thoughts on “Resolved”
I like all of these. I will also add “learn the names of people you see in passing on a daily basis”, like the same people I see at the Y every morning.
That’s a good one. Acknowledging someone, even in a simple way, is always a nice gesture.
I’ve tried to tune out Talk 1300, but it’s hard to resist. Vandenburgh’s schtick is getting old, but it’s still worth tuning in just to hear all the stupid things he says. As for Melody Burns, words escape me. Her show is a veritable celebration of ignorance, pandering to the worst impulses in the most vile people. She’s not just profoundly dumb, but a bigot, to boot. Good stuff!